Applications are open for the Greenpreneurs Business Plan Competition & Accelerator Program.
Greenpreneurs is a 10-week virtual green business plan competition and accelerator program to help young people around the globe build and validate their green business ideas. From July 9 to September 14, 2018, participants will have the opportunity to compete for seed funding, internships, and conference bursaries. Submit your idea for a solution that positively impacts the future of sustainable energy; water and sanitation; sustainable landscapes (forestry and agriculture); or green city development.
These priority themes reflect the urgent issues impeding growth in developing countries in the context of green growth, climate change, and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Its intentional broadness is expected to ensure maximum inclusion of creative and innovative ideas from around the world.
Key features of the program are
1) A series of webinars,
2) Business plan competition, and
3) Mentorship/small-scale seed funding for the winners of the program to take their ideas from conversation to tangible impact.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Deadline: June 29, 2018
1) Access to experienced mentors who can help validate your business concepts through 10 peer-reviewed entrepreneurship modules
2) Opportunity to access $15,000 in seed funding
3) Opportunity to be awarded one of 3 internships at the Global Green Growth Institute
4) Opportunity to receive a bursary to attend the 2019 International Student Energy Summit
To be eligible, you need to be:
1) Between the ages of 17-35
2) Proposing an idea/concept for a developing or emerging economy
available to participate virtually in the full scope of the program: July 9 – September 14
3) Passionate about the potential of green growth solutions to benefit your community and achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
You can apply in a team (preferred) or as an individual via the Apply Now link.
Selected participants will be contacted by the Greenpreneurs Team.
Program begins on July 9 and runs to September 14, 2018.
To apply, click here
For more information, visit GREENPRENEURS official website here