The University of Sydney invites all eligible candidates to apply for the University of Sydney International Scholarship.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship is open to all research disciplines. Participation in the University of Sydney International Scholarship program Research Period 2 and Research Period 3 are at the discretion of the Dean of each faculty.
These Scholarships will be awarded in conjunction with the International RTP Fee Scholarship (formerly IPRS) for commencement in Research Period 2 (March), and in early April for commencement in Research Period 3 (July).
The University of Sydney International Scholarship will cover tuition fees and living allowance for up to three years with a possibility of one semester’s extension for PhD students. The eligibility criteria for University of Sydney International Scholarship is the same as the RTP Fee Scholarship.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship is available to students that will begin study in
- March (Research Period 2)
- July (Research Period 3).
You can apply through out the year. Please note that it may take up to four months from the time of submission for you to receive a reply on whether you are successful.
There is no separate scholarship application form, to be considered for the scholarship you must submit an application for admission to your research degree.
Related: Australia Awards
To be considered for a University of Sydney International Scholarship, you must:
- Read the selection process and Research Experience guide
- Download and complete the Research Experience Evidence Template according to the guidelines in the Research Experience Guide
- Prepare an application for admission to your degree (see guidelines)
- Go to Sydney Courses and look up the research degree you applying for. Complete an application for admission for a research degree (e.g. Doctor of Philosophy).
- In the application form for admission, when prompted, ensure you tick the relevant section on the admission form “Do you wish to be considered for an Research Training Program Fee Scholarship or University of Sydney International Scholarship?”
- Upload all other required supporting and Faculty specific documentation for application for admission.
- Submit your completed application form.
- Apply for Shell Scholarship
- Apply for Nottingham Trent University Scholarship
- How to win a scholarship
- Advice to fresh graduates